This post was written by Keith Dawson for UBM Tech’s community Web site All LED Lighting, sponsored by Philips Lumileds. It is archived here for informational purposes only because the All LED Lighting site may go dark at any time. This material is Copyright 2013-2015 by UBM Americas.
An LED Design Backgrounder
EDN is featuring a whitepaper, sponsored by ON Semiconductor, that is packaged as an "EDN Must Reads" Special Digital Edition. It covers a number of topics in LED design. Here is the table of contents:
- LED Drivers Match architectures with applications
(Hubertus Notohamiprodjo, Dialog Semiconductor)
- LED lighting design -- A checklist
(Jim Young, ON Semiconductor & Usha Patel, Littelfuse, Inc.)
- How to make LED bulbs dimmable
- Retrofit: An LED Driver Challenge
- Linear and switcher LED supplies combine, overcome disadvantages of each topology
(Fabien Franc, ON Semiconductor)
- Adding Intelligence to LED Lighting
(David Andeen, Maxim Integrated Products)
- Circuit-protection strategies for improving LED reliability and lifetime
Some of the articles may be a bit dated (dimming, retrofits, and smart bulbs), but overall this collection is sure to provide insights and food for thought to anyone in the business of designing with LEDs.
Go over to EDN to get started; registration/login is required.
— Keith Dawson , Editor-in-Chief, All LED Lighting